Exhale. #morning #run #santamonica (at Santa Monica Beach California)
Good Morning from the top of my Franklin Cyn hike! Have a beautiful day! xx #hike #morning #motivate #blacklab #workout #exercise #healthy (at Franklin Canyon Park)
DailyQuickie: I start my day inspired…
I’m sitting with a morning cup of coffee, reading the newspaper (yes I still like to read the newspaper) and feeling inspired thanks to my cup of coffee.
While the mere act of engaging in an enjoyable daily routine is a way to celebrate yourself each day, making each element of that time with yourself can further increase the mind-mending effects. Each time you pick up your cup, or place it back down on the cluster of watermarks left from mornings past, what are you looking at? All of my mugs have a quote. They inspire me each morning…. “what you you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail” or “Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery… Today is a gift.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
vegan nutella pancakes
there’s no food that says “sunday morning” to me than a tall stack of pancakes. these are moist and sweetened by some from-scratch vegan nutella. we altered this recipe from the original in the joy of vegan baking, one of our favorite cook books.
- make some vegan nutella (page 12)! or use a close commercial version, like justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter or peanut butter & co’s dark chocolate dreams
- mix together 1/2 cup pure maple syrup and 3 tbsp vegan nutella
- stir in a mixing bowl until just combined: 1 cup flour, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 cup non-dairy milk, 2 tbsp oil, and 3 tbsp of the nutella/syrup mixture. if the batter is too thin add in some flour, if it’s too thick add in some milk.
- spoon the batter out onto a hot flat pan, 2-3 tbsp for each pancake. cook on medium-low, and when the pancake starts to bubble, flip it over. give it another couple of minutes and check the other side to see if it’s done.
serve with the rest of the nutella/syrup mixture, or just maple syrup, or fresh fruit, or whatever else you like with pancakes. one recipe makes enough for about two-three people, depending on how hungry you are! enjoy :)
- Reblogged from hipsterfood
What: Spoon of Nutella
Where: in the Kitchen
When: October 22, 2011- 10am before my morning walk
Why: I’m taking a cue from Food Network’s Giada de Laurentiis who has the most awesome body and still eats the most decadent, delicious meals! Her secret? Small portions, yoga, and nutella as a quick energizing snack. I’m running out for my looong weekly Saturday am walk with my mom and need something to Break my Fast and energize me until our end of the walk brunch. SO… I’m having a spoon of Giada’s go-to: Nutella. Delish!
- Source: youtube.com